Wednesday, April 30, 2008

coffee no. 139

A couple of days ago I visited a photography exhibition of Gregory Crewdson in Prague's Rudolfinum. His art is out of this world so I spent a lot of time gazing at the big colorful photos and examinating every single milimetre of them. The gallery was quite empty and silent but suddenly I heard a loud, vivid conversation in the next room. It turned out that there were two very old women, standing in front of the photo entitled 'Beneath the Roses'. I could not understant what they were talking about but both of them were mesmerized and moved. They behaved like teenage girls watching the posters of some pop star or a famous, handsome actor. It was really great observing them, particularly because I was sure that they had not appeared in Rudolfinum by accident...